Moroccan Patties with Lemon and Herb Cous Cous
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serving size: 4
1 cup carrot, grated
2 tablespoon lemon juice
4 Sanitarium Vegie Delights Lentil Patties (1 pkt)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
2 cups cous cous
2 cups salt reduced vegetable stock
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
A few fresh mint leaves, broken up with fingers
Mesclun salad to serve
1. Mix grated carrots with sultanas and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Set aside.
2. Place the lentil patties on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush top with olive oil and sprinkle with half of the Moroccan seasoning and crushed cumin seeds.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 15 minutes, then turn, brush other side with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining Moroccan seasoning and cumin seeds. Bake for a further 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime mix the cous cous, parsley and coriander in bowl. Bring vegetable stock to a simmer, pour over cous cous and let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Add remaining tablespoon of lemon juice, fluff cous cous with fork then divide between 4 plates.
6. Top each plate with a Moroccan Patty, sprinkle with broken-up mint leaves and serve, with carrot salad and mesclun salad on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Go Grains Health and Nutrition Ltd www.gograins.com.au